The Quality Assurance Tester provides professional quality assurance services effectively and efficiently, conducting software testing and verification for all Assessment Technology applications and deliverables.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Develop, write, review and verify software test plans and strategies for the assigned areas
- Configure workstations and operating environments as needed to complete assigned testing
- Document, research, and communicate defects discovered during testing, and verify defect fixes
- Interact with team to resolve defects, clarify functionality, and resolve usability issues
- Perform functional, integration and performance testing
- Assist with product deployments, conduct post-release/post-implementation testing
- Contribute to continual QA process improvement efforts
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines with multiple teams and products
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field
- Software testing background, including 3+ years of experience testing web based applications
- Experience with manual and regression testing and good understanding of Agile methodology
- Experience with UI automation (Selenium, C#, SpecFlow, understanding of Page Object Model)
- Experience with API automation (Postman interface) and MongoDB is a plus
- Experience creating and implementing test plans
- Experience working with multiple operating systems including iOS and Mac OS X
- Working knowledge of SQL is preferred
In addition to technical skills, the successful candidate is:
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and with others based on the need
- An effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills and detail oriented
- Comfortable with multi-tasking, and changes to priorities and workflows
- Enthusiastic about learning new technologies, products, and scripting languages
This is a full-time position in Durham, NC with company benefits including holidays, vacation, sick leave, health insurance, profit sharing, 401(k), and ESOP. Salary commensurate with experience.
MI is a growing company in a competitive industry. We specialize in a variety of educational testing services and work with public and private organizations across the country. Our main offices are in downtown Durham, NC, a city that becomes more vibrant by the day. MI’s renovated tobacco and manufacturing buildings are part of Durham’s downtown historic district and are a short walk away from restaurants, coffee shops, bars, banks, the farmer’s market, music venues, bakeries and breweries.
In the Assessment Technology division, we live in the fast-paced world of online educational technology. We compete by recruiting extraordinary talent to develop the best products on the market today. We value our employees above all else. Our recruiting process is rigorous, which ensures your co-workers are very talented. We enjoy a relaxed atmosphere. The work is challenging yet gratifying and you have the flexibility to enjoy a full, happy life outside of the office.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter electronically to: email@example.com
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. Measurement Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.